Saturday, March 5, 2011

Letters to Emma - Day 3


"People were bring little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.' And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them." [Mark 10:13-16 NIV]

Dear Emma,

What a blessing you are, especially in the eyes of God! It is my prayer that as you grow through the days and years ahead, that God will always reach out and bless you through His own dear child, Jesus. One day, you will read these letters and gain a greater understanding of my love for you. Even more, it will always be my prayer that you will also come to know the love of Jesus in your life.

Someday I hope to share with you my faith journey and how, even when others thought God was so far away from my life, He was indeed right there beside me all the way. I trust and pray that Jesus will be your friend and that it will never seem that he is not there right beside you.

Today has surely been a big day for you, Emma. You and your mommy and daddy had a day of bonding together - the first of many. I also know that you have another of God's creatures who will be very interested in playing with you and protecting you. The picture of you and Sage together is adorable. In time, you will enjoy watching Sage and the kitties, playing with them and maybe even pulling an ear or tail from time to time.

Tomorrow, we will pray for your family in church and celebrate your arrival into your family. For tonight, I will share one of the first songs your mommy learned to sing.

Jesus love me, this I know
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to him belong,
They are weak but he is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me; Yes, Jesus loves me;
Yes, Jesus loves me; The Bible tells me so!

Good night, Emma.
Love, Grandpa David

No comments:

Post a Comment