Friday, June 12, 2009

50 / 50 Vision (Blog #1)

At first blush it may seem that anyone who actually had 50/50 vision should proceed immediately to the nearest eye doctor to have his or her eyes checked. Perhaps one would think that some type of corrective lenses or procedure would be necessary to help the poor soul see all of the things which have been missed while stumbling around. In reality, however, 50/50 vision is exactly the same as 20/20 vision which is considered by most to be "perfect" sight. 50/50 vision means that one can see at 50 feet what a normal eye should see at 50 feet. The same is true for 20/20 vision - a person's eyes are able to see at 20 feet what a normal eye should see at 20 feet.

In my case, I am not speaking about vision or how well a certain subject is able to see from a certain distance. For me, in this blog posting, 50/50 vision refers to my vision of completing 50 blog posts by July 27, 2009. The reason for my ambitious plan to blog comes on the heels of some scathing remarks made some about my "failure" to blog daily. Somewhat as a test my determination and commitment, I have decided that it is fitting to blog 50 times culminating with Blog #50 on July 27, 2009.

For those who are still checking and reading my blog, feel free to comment or offer topic suggestions for future posts. I hope you find the next 49 blog posts interesting enough to keep you coming back to read more. Happy Summer!

~ DB Turnmire

2 comments:

  1. Happy to see your blogging again. I enjoy reading your blogs daily. Just once, I would like to see you blog about the Amish based books you read. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the daily posts! I haven't been expecting you to blog daily, but it's always a treat when I check in and see a new post.

    I read several blogs daily and every once in a while they will do "photo" blogs. One example is taking a picture once every hour of your day to get an insider's look at a regular day in your life. Others, who are doing house projects, post pictures of rooms they've been working on or gardens.

    Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete