Monday, June 22, 2009

Almost Not A Blog (Blog #13)

Sometimes, it just happens. You intend to take a "little" nap so you close your eyes, maybe on the sofa, in a chair or on the bed. Then, before you know what happened, you are asleep. And you sleep and sleep and sleep. Hours later, when you finally awaken enough to shut the lights off, close the shades and secure the house for the evening, you are wide awake.

Of course, you don't think you will be wide awake so you decided you are just going to post a picture instead of writing a blog. But you can't decide on which singular picture to post, so you end up compromising on the picture. This picture is much more entertaining at the original website:
http://www.awakeinphilly.org/Equipment/cleaning.shtml.

Ironically enough, the picture chosen for this blog post is on the community education website for "Awake In Philly." On their website is a link to "Awake in America". At first, I thought these groups were associate with the American Sleep Apnea Association and their A.W.A.K.E. support groups network across the United States of America. I was wrong! Instead, the Philadelphia based groups are advocates for individuals who have sleep-related conditions. Their advocacy assists with obtaining treatments for individuals without health insurance and educates employers on employees who might be afflicted with various sleep related conditions. The A.W.A.K.E. (Alert, Well, And Keeping Energetic) network offers "mutual-help support groups for persons affected by sleep apnea".

I am quite sure that this blog post (of sorts) will receive at least one comment. At least I will be able to sleep the rest of the night knowing that I did not shirk my duty in writing another blog posting. Fully aware that I am two shy of making 50 blogs if I only compose one per day through July 27, 2009, one of these days expect a surprise. "God Bless and Good Night!"

~ DB Turnmire

1 comment:

  1. I should have turned off the lights when I left. Noticing you both asleep on the bed, I tried to sneak out as quitely as I possibly could.

    ReplyDelete