Friday, July 17, 2009

The Countdown Begins (Blog #35)

July 27, 2009 is quickly approaching. Ten (10) days and counting. Now because I took a couple days without a new blog post, there will undoubtedly be a mad scramble to post fifty (50) new blog posts by Monday, July 27, 2009. I find it interesting that July 27 falls on a Monday again fifty years after July 27, 1959. In an earlier blog post, we examined the way things were back then. Reflecting on the way things are compared to 1959 may be mind staggering.

Did you ever yourself with too many things on your mind and too many projects on your plate? It has a way of distorting your perception and your perspective. Sometimes, the distraction of things undone may even get in way of future accomplishments. What do you do when that happens? How do you regain your focus and get back on the right track?

It is at this point that I reminded of the apostle Paul's letter to the believers at Philippi. He wrote, "...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." [Philippians 4:11b-13 NIV]

10 days and 15 blog posts to go!

~ DB Turnmire

No comments:

Post a Comment