Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Countdown Continues (Blog #37)

As I continue this self-imposed rigorous schedule of blogging, I am reminded that had I not taken days off here and there I would likely be coasting to July 27, 2009 without worry. However, I did take almost a week off and then more recently, two days without a blog post. Alas, the end is in sight and the goal is well within reach.

This year seems to be filled with nostalgia, old memories and reconnecting with old friends, acquaintances and family members. Who would have thought that I, considered by some to be anti-social or even to have imposed self separation from certain family members, would find such pleasure and satisfaction in locating individuals who have crossed my path in the past.

In reflecting on the past, I am finding it easier to look forward to the future. There will be new opportunities, new challenges, new acquaintances and maybe even a few new friends along the way. Knowing this could make on fearful or fill one with joy and excitement. I find comfort and assurance in the words spoken to the prophet Jeremiah. " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' " [Jeremiah 29:11 NIV]

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." [Philippians 4:13]

Nine (9) days and 13 more blogs after this one to go!

~ DB Turnmire

No comments:

Post a Comment